When I'm Drunk, I Fantasize About Learning Electronics From Vampire Jesus


I just realized that there's no reason my email to VJ needs to be private, and frankly, would likely generate some great discussion.

 
For the uninitiated, Vampire Jesus is something of an electronics prodigy, and I kind of feel like electronics was something that I had such a firm beginning in, in my childhood, that I could have become enormously skilled, but as is often the case, many competing interests took hold, and I've ended up doing other things in my life. 
 
I'm quite happy with the life I chose, but there's still this lingering feeling of wanting to understand more about electronics--and not so much the basic componentry, which I already know all about, but the basic synergistic revelations that set in when one plans circuits to accomplish things. It's not only scifi, but godlike in the mental sensation, and I feel like I've never really taken it to a level that's quite possible, just unrealized. The reasons are the same as anyone else's--life took a different turn. These days, however, I've got plenty of resources and nothing but time, and maybe there's an entire world of physical logic that no longer need go unexplored.
 
Maybe also, because I'm no longer burdened with the bolstering demands of survival, I might actually be able to enjoy the study, instead of being miserably driven by it. It's the kind of feeling that makes me remember the first time my cousin told me I'm going to drive a car someday, and then put a set of headphones on my ears and played Rush's Red Barchetta.
 
Anyway, here is my email to VJ, and frankly it's the truth--every time I get drunk, I imagine sitting on a bench in a laboratory, with VJ explaining how and why the circuit I just built set the world on fire--but if I just replaced this or that component with one of a 5% military grade tolerance, it would fix the world instead of bleaching all the fish in the North Atlantic or something. lol 

Kindest thanks sir, and if ever I overstep, a declarative will shape any changes you wish, be they public or private, through the site or by email. It's like the Army--you show your balls to those you're operating on, but always deference to command. Ultimately, what you say always goes sir. :)
 
Also, I'm halfway to being shithammered, and I'd like to say that I frequently have fantasies about you and I hanging out and you reintroducing me to the PIRE wheel and giving me some proper tutoring in electronics. The thing is, it's really not so much about learning for a reason anymore, it's about the pleasure of discovery--which I strongly expect is what always drove Tesla--else, why would he take no interest in who profited from his work?

Of course, once I sober up, reality kicks in and I remember that's ridiculous, but for what it's worth, there's a recurring Doc Brown and Marty thing going on in my head about you. lol, and if ever we meet, I promise to pronounce Kilowatt and Gigawatt properly all the time. lol

More seriously, I sometimes wonder if the time comes when we no longer had contact, if I would feel like I'd missed an opportunity by not touring your mind with electronics--not for some great, world-changing invention we'd produce, but more like listening to Red Barchetta, and then never learning to drive.

Who knows, maybe Electromagnetic Accelerators CAN be powered by TASER circuits--and maybe a fun time with my weird uncle VJ making circuits in a laboratory while listening to Red Barchetta, might end up reshaping the weapons all police use in the US, with all the benefits that implies.

Who knows? It's just a drunken fantasy--but remember, it was a drunken fantasy that inspired the TASER and the Wendelstein 7-x Stellerator.
 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendelstein_7-X
 
 


Popular posts from this blog

EXCLUSIVE! WOLF JACKAL INTERVIEWS PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE JOSEPH BIDEN!

Some Infamous Guns of History

The Bridge: Suicide Isn't Painless