THE VAMPIRE JESUS SUNDAY NIGHT MOVIE! TONIGHT'S FEATURE: LORD OF WAR

This movie was suggested by a reader of the Landing Spot, and I welcome movie suggestions from all readers. There are a lot of good flicks out there that I haven't seen.

I'm wondering if Landing Spot readers would like more "controversial" subjects offered here, such as the direction this nation is headed toward, the origin and the existence of man, and so forth. 

I'm open to the idea of political and metaphysical discussion on this blog, as long as blatant dogmatism is avoided. Marcus Aurelius said that "all is opinion", and I think that is one of the wisest observations ever made. Please let me know if you would find such subjects acceptable, and topic suggestions would be appreciated. I have some ideas of my own for op-eds as well, though I am not really a fan of either subject. I figure I will start with a reading of the Constitution so that people will be familiar with the text.

That said, we return to the movie, the following blurb is courtesy of Wikipedia: 


LORD OF WAR is a 2005 crime drama written, produced, and directed by Andrew Niccol, and co-produced by and starring Nicolas Cage. Cage plays an illegal arms dealer, inspired by the stories of several real-life arms dealers and smugglers.

In the early 1980s, Yuri Orlov (Nicolas Cage), the eldest son of a family of Ukrainian refugees, is visiting a Brighton Beach restaurant, where he witnesses a Russian mobster kill two would-be assassins holding Kalashnikov assault rifles. He is inspired to go into the arms trade, comparing the constant need for weapons to the similar human need for food. After completing his first sale, Yuri convinces his brother Vitaly (Jared Leto) to become his partner. They leave their family's unsuccessful restaurant behind and go into business together.






Popular posts from this blog

EXCLUSIVE! WOLF JACKAL INTERVIEWS PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE JOSEPH BIDEN!

Some Infamous Guns of History